ARE YOU a news junkie? Do you like storytelling? Do you like interacting with people? Writing about topics that you are passionate about? Are you tired of not feeling represented by corporate media? Are you concerned about the current political atmosphere? Do you have a “personal” story to share with us? Would you like to be part of a startup media company? A “creative” community & passionate team? Build a professional portfolio to add to your resume that could potentially help you land your “dream job” or get a full-time paid JOB with us in the near future?
If your answer is YES to at least FOUR questions above:
Then consider joining BLEND! But FIRST…What is BLEND?
BLEND is a media company that seeks to connect the world. We were born out of the desire of sharing stories to connect lives. We believe that all perspectives matter. That all people matter. Our goal is to inform, empower and be the "real" voice of our generation.
Learn more about BLEND at: www.blendtw.com (Check our website and SUBSCRIBE)
We currently have different internship positions available:
- Able to meet deadlines
- MUST BE enrolled in a university/ college
- MUST BE at least a sophomore in college
- Good writing skills & passionate about storytelling
- Experience writing for a news organization is necessary
- Eager to contribute and collaborate with a team to achieve the best possible results
- Must have experience as editor for a news organization/ publication
- Editor will edit two pieces a week and (if desired) will also pitch and write stories for the publication.
- Able to create videos using Adobe Premiere Pro or final cut pro
- Must have proven experience/passion for video content
- Interested in media & current issues
- Background in Marketing & Business
- Knowledge & experience in Media Marketing Strategies
- Be able to work proactively on fundraiser & knowledge of capital funding initiatives
BLEND is “Hoping” to establish a Chapter at Middlebury College and we are LOOKING for a DIVERSE group of talented students passionate about storytelling & media. BLEND is a thriving global network of students/ professionals from multiple universities across America and the world.
You MUST be available once or twice a week for meetings!
- Build professional portfolio, make connections, receive college credit if desired, join vibrant community of people trying to make a difference across the U.S. and the world.
PS: This internship is extremely hands on and you will gain invaluable experience. Furthermore, BLEND hopes to create dozens of JOBS in the next few years AND INTERNS will be the first ones to be considered for full-time paid positions!
If you do not have enough time to commit to an internship, but still would like to make your voice heard, please submit to our website! We are constantly looking for good stories.
Submit your work using this link: https://blendtw.com/write/
DO NOT FORGET TO FOLLOW US FOR UPDATES!
INSTAGRAM/ TWITTER/ LINKEDIN: @BLENDTW