Case Management Internship
Join our Intern Academy! Learn, connect and make a difference!
Volunteer Job Title: Case Management Intern
Purpose of Position: Assist Outcome or Employment Specialist with tracking participant goal progress and reporting to the funding sources, organizing and filing documents, data entry, communication with participants and their teams, attendance of team meetings, case management software configuration, employment reporting, and brainstorming solutions to day to day participant happenings (i.e. behavioral challenges).
· Desire to work with adults with disabilities.
· Flexibility in scheduling.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Good verbal and listening communication skills.
· Creative thinker.
· Ability to function as part of a team.
· Computer proficient.
· Administrative skills; i.e., filing, data entry, proper phone etiquette.
· Good customer service skills.
· Problem solving skills.
Internship Hours: Monday-Friday, mornings and./or afternoons, up to 20 hours per week (or as agreed upon.)
1. Exhibit good customer service while communicating with participants, funding sources, guardians/family members, and other providers. This will include assisting in getting to know the participants and learning about various diagnoses.
2. Be an active part of an inter-disciplinary team providing support on various spectrums of service, including behavioral support.
3. Provide case management support alongside Outcome or Employment Specialists (Case Managers) to include coordination of services, advocacy for the participants, assisting in completing required documentation and reports, filing, data entry, constant evaluation of goal progress, maintaining case files, participation in 6 month review meetings.
4. Become knowledgeable on funding sources and how a person becomes eligible for funding. This will entail training and communication with both the Outcome or Employment Specialist and funding source contacts.
Goal 1: Learn case management skills; i.e., being part of an inter-disciplinary team through successful communication, documentation and reporting requirements, compiling information, tracking and data entry.
Goal 2: Provide quality support and services to people with disabilities through assisting in coordination of services, advocacy efforts, and learning negotiation skills.
Internship Supervisor: Outcomes or Employment Coordinator