Assistant Teacher (Special Education)
Make more than a living. Make an impact at Ivymount School & Programs. Our mission is to help individuals with special needs reach their fullest potential. We are actively recruiting professional candidates to join our dynamic work community in providing individualized, specialized, and evidence-based services to individuals with special needs.
1:1 ABA Assistants are responsible for implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans, direct supervision, and support for assigned students during educational activities across the day. This position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in professional growth in the fields of psychology or special education. Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) are encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in 1:1 student rotation per classroom model
- Implement Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) including recommended teaching accommodations
- Provide direct student supervision and support during educational activities throughout the school day including jobsites and community trips
- Implement the classroom management system when applicable
- Ensure needed materials are prepared in advance
- Prepare for changes in the student’s daily schedule in advance
- Collect and graph data daily for target behaviors; submit related documents/reports to Behavior Analyst/Program Coordinator as required
- Collect data for fading plan goals and objectives
A Bachelor's degree is required for this position. The Assistant Teacher position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in professional growth in the fields of psychology or special education. Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) are encouraged to apply.