Special Education Teacher
Make more than a living. Make an impact at Ivymount School & Programs. Our mission is to help individuals with special needs reach their fullest potential. We are actively recruiting professional candidates to join our dynamic work community in providing individualized, specialized, and evidence-based services to individuals with special needs.
Teachers provide individual and small group instruction using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to students with autism. This position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in professional growth in the fields of psychology or special education. Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) are encouraged to apply.
Special Education teachers are responsible for supervising classroom staff and overseeing a caseload of six to eight students. The current opening for Special Education Teacher is with our Autism Program.
- Provide direct instruction using the principles of applied behavior analysis
- Ensure supervision and safety of assigned students in classroom, school, community, and vocational settings
- Consistently implement student behavior intervention plans
- Accurately record, monitor, and analyze student data
- Maintain designated student program books and online data collection portal
- Actively problem solve when student progress is not going in the desired direction and make necessary changes to ensure student success
- Create instructional materials
- Attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings
- Assist teacher with the development of student Individual Educational Plans as assigned
A Bachelor's degree is required for this position. The Special Education position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in professional growth in the fields of psychology or special education. Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) are encouraged to apply.