Part-time internship for in-progress documentary at Trixie Films
Trixie Films is looking for smart, energetic interns to work in our Brooklyn office on our current documentary My So-Called Selfish Life. Positions are open year-round, so please contact us with your availability.
The job: This is a great opportunity to work on documentary production and editing, research, writing, outreach, and other tasks for our current / and / previous projects. Our films are fiscally sponsored 501(c)3 projects. Our best candidates are interested in feminism, activism and how pop culture informs both – and you do not have to be female. You'll be supervised by and work closely with director/producer Therese Shechter at our Downtown Brooklyn office.
Experience: You must be:
- totally proficient in a Mac computer environment
- interested in issues around gender
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be able to navigate a variety of social networking platforms
- experience in documentary filmmaking is not essential, but if you are a film/video person, knowledge of Premiere would be great.
- also not essential, but being able to work with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator would be great
Schedule: We work with interns year-round and a typical internship runs for 2-3 months. working two 8-hour days during a Monday to Friday week. We are open to working around your work or school commitments, so for shorter work terms, we sometimes increase the number of days per week worked to meet your required hours.
Some things you might do, depending on your skill set and what we’re working on:
- work on crowdfunding campaigns
- be a production assistant on shoots
- transcribe video interviews
- data, text, or visual research
- edit and upload video clips
- a variety of writing tasks
- maintain our database and other office tasks as needed
- create gifs, graphics and other media
- maintain our social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, etc
- write and send out our newsletter
- schedule and promote screenings for schools, organizations and film festivals
- find and develop partnerships with organizations serving young women
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Students may receive course credit for this internship. We will work with the school/advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and paperwork.
- a resume and short cover letter documents as one PDF file
- tell us when you are available for your internship
- tell us why you are interested in our projects and mission–and please be specific