Social Media Marketing Intern (Virtual)
NOTE: All internships are virtual and for current students seeking academic credit only. Interns should also have the ability to commit to a 6-month position.
is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. Here at New York Minute Magazine, we are devoted to empowering women and redefining what it means to be successful. We invite everyone to share in our love for the written word and use it to say something meaningful. we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute’. Visit our website (http://www.newyorkminutemag.com/) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here”, because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
- We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
- We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
- We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Are your friends all jealous of your high number of followers, likes, and all-around social media prowess? Are you always staying up too late to scroll through FaceBook or to stalk your friends’ latest photos on instagram? If so, this is the gig for you! Just think, you could be on twitter all day and it would actually be considered ‘work’!
***Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered. Send applications to
- Experience using various social media sites
- Ability to work 15 hours/week for 6 consecutive months
- Excellent written English skills
- Ability to write fun and engaging posts
- Maintain and update social media websites on assigned days
- Create original, shareable content for posts
- Share all NYMM articles each day with engaging statuses
- Research and brainstorm on ways in which NYMM can maximize social media traffic and gain followers
- Research and stay up-to-date on the latest and best new social media apps
Must contact Internship and Career Advisors to see if position is eligible for academic credit