Assistant Editor Intern
NOTE: this internship is unpaid; academic credit is optional. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
Are you conscientious, organized, and articulate? Are you interested in editing creative, opinion-based articles for a growing magazine startup? If so, consider joining New York Minute Magazine’s dynamic team as an Assistant Lead Editor!
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic about working in a startup environment, self-motivated, and has a strong passion for learning how a magazine editorial team operates! At NYMM, we pride ourselves in offering interns a place where they can explore and learn skills that will help them pursue their professional goals.
- Working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or a related field
- Exceptional time management skills
- Keen eye for editing
- Works well in team setting
- Direct experience with Wordpress and basic HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of SEO practices is a plus
- Interest in current events, pop culture, and social media
- Excellent communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Help manage NYMM’s website and contribute ideas for aesthetic and readership growth
- Complete first-round edits for articles, prior to publication
- Assist in managing writers and ensure they are meeting their deadlines
- Support various projects and prepare articles for publication
- Manage all Wordpress, Google, and website analytics as it pertains to NYMM (and SEO, if you are knowledgeable)
- Assist with brainstorming on new column ideas
Only applications with a cover letter, resume and writing sample will be considered. Send application to email@example.com
New York Minute Magazine is a growing online startup with a virtual office. We look for interns that approach everything they do with integrity, passion, hard work, and most importantly with a measure of levity and accessible mirth. We want go-getters of gaiety that can hit the ground running with a positive, down-to-earth attitude. Our internships are remote with flexible hours. Find out more about us on http://newyorkminutemag.com and follow us on social media.
Must contact Internship and Career Advisors to see if position is eligible for academic credit