Postdoctoral Scientist - Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Michelsen's Lab (18001839)
To find out more about Dr. Michelsen's Lab, please click here:
The Cedars -Sinai F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) is searching for a Research Postdoctoral Scientist. IBIRI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
This position will be focused on investigating immunology, autophagy and molecular biology in inflammatory bowel diseases under the direction of Dr. Kathrin Michelsen.
- Familiar with sample preparation for flow cytometry, data acquisition on flow cytometer
- Data analysis of flow cytometry data
- Performs a variety of immunology, autophagy and molecular biology laboratory tasks and procedures and mouse models of inflammation.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- Familiar with mice husbandry and breeding.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows in the laboratory.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to stand during laboratory procedures and benchwork, use of computer, Able to perform moderate lifting.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD) in Immunology or Microbiology or related areas
- Independently works on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within an area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.