Graphic Design Intern
NOTE: this internship is unpaid and academic credit is required. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
Do you have an interest in current events, pop culture, and social media? Are you experienced with creating designs that really POP? Are you capable of sticking to strict deadlines and creating polished graphics for various projects? If so, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, passionate about graphic design, and interested in working in a startup environment. At NYMM, we pride ourselves in offering interns a place where they can explore and learn skills that will help them pursue their professional goals.
- Ability to work 15 - 20 hours per week for 6 consecutive months
- Ability to work under and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral English language communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (After Effects and Premiere/Final Cut are a plus!)
- A portfolio and elevated sense of design, color, and typography
- Experience creating design solutions (digital experience is a plus)
- Team up with writers, editors and web developers on collaborative projects
- Design and execute graphics for social media marketing initiatives, our website and other related documents
- Edit your own work prior to submission - it should have minimal to no errors.
- Help to create and redesign the website and logos. Your designs could be featured on our website!
Only applications that include a cover letter, résumé, and link to a portfolio or PDF of your recent work will be considered.
New York Minute Magazine is a growing online startup with a virtual office. We look for interns that approach everything they do with integrity, passion, hard work, and, most importantly, a measure of levity and accessible mirth. We want go-getters of gaiety that can hit the ground running with a positive, down-to-earth attitude. Our internships are remote with flexible hours. Find out more about us on http://newyorkminutemag.com and follow us on social media.
Contact Internship and Career Advisors to see if position is eligible for academic credit