Contact Internship and Career Advisors to see if position is eligible for academic credit
PLEASE NOTE: THIS UNPAID INTERNSHIP IS VIRTUAL AND OFFERED ONLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH UNIVERSITY CREDIT.
As a writer for NYMM, you’ll be serving up a daily dose of humor, entertainment, information, and empowerment for our readers. Our writers cover anything from badass women killing it in their careers to sweet NYC deals for the broke college kids out there. We’re always looking to enhance our content, so there’s plenty of room for new writers and new ideas! Plus, you can pretty much do all of your work in your pajamas!
- A passion for empowering the people in your life
- Extensive research skills
- Ability to take direction
- Past experience as a writer/journalist (preferred)
- Ability to work 15 hours/week for 6 consecutive months
- Write three, 500-word articles a week (topics assigned, but suggestions encouraged)
- occasionally conduct interviews for people featured in the mag
- Edit your own work prior to submission
- Submit all articles by the required deadlines
- Contribute ideas for NYMM’s growth
Interested applicants should submit a current resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Applicants without these will not be considered. Please note that if you are selected to begin the interview process, you will be asked to submit an additional short writing sample (less than 500 words) on a prompt of our choosing.
New York Minute Magazine is a growing online startup with a virtual office. We look for interns that approach everything they do with integrity, passion, hard work, and, most importantly, a measure of levity and accessible mirth. We want go-getters of gaiety that can hit the ground running with a positive, down-to-earth attitude. Our internships are remote with flexible hours. Find out more about us on http://newyorkminutemag.com and follow us on social media.