2019 Volunteer Baseball and Softball Coach
Make a difference in the life of a young person today. It will change your life.
DREAM wouldn’t exist without volunteers. In 1991, it was volunteers who transformed an abandoned, garbage-strewn parking lot into two baseball diamonds for East Harlem youth, ultimately founding Harlem RBI. Today volunteers still form the backbone of DREAM, which relies on a diverse corps of over 100 volunteers in a range of positions to run its award-winning programs.
DREAM is seeking volunteer coaches to work with youth between the ages of 11-18 in practices and games. Coaches teach baseball/softball and provide youth with opportunities to play, learn, and grow, inspiring them to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. Each coach serves as a member of a team made up of coaches and managers. DREAM volunteer coaches can have a direct and meaningful impact on the positive development of the youth they coach. The ideal candidate is passionate about youth development, has played and/or coached baseball/softball, and is an effective communicator.
What You'll Do
- Coach youth in technical skills, teambuilding and personal development;
- Lead practices, facilitate team meetings and attend professional development trainings;
- Provide a positive, team-based environment focused on teaching baseball, softball and life skills;
What We're Looking For
- Ability to create a positive, team-based environment focused on teaching baseball/softball;
- Baseball/Softball playing or coaching experience for ages 11 and up;
- Experience with inner-city coaching (a plus);
- At least 18 years of age.
Commitment: At least one 1 full season (April to July). Coaches attend 2-weekday practices and weekend game per week.