Spring 2019 Volunteer Tutor
DREAM, an award-winning youth development program, is seeking volunteer tutors to provide academic support to our middle school after-school students in East Harlem. Tutors work with youth individually and in small groups to help improve student success in class, increase subject-specific retention, and contribute to overall academic enrichment and development.
What You’ll Do
- Support academic enrichment activities, including homework help and tutoring;
- Provide individualized and team-wide support all after-school program activities and initiatives;
- Serve as a role model and build positive relationships with youth;
What We’re Looking For
- Strong command of one or more of the following academic subjects: English, Math, Science, and/or Social Studies
- Previous experience working with youth;
- Possess creativity, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and patience;
- Solid oral communication skills;
- Ability to make a consistent, weekly commitment;
- Bachelor’s Degree (a plus);
- 1-2 years previous tutoring experience (a major plus).
- Gain invaluable experience and opportunities for professional development at an award-winning youth development program;
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of your service term;
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers.
Minimum Commitment: 1-2 hours per week for 3-4 months.
Spring Session: Jan 14 or 22 2019 (TBD) until May 29th 2019
Monday - Thursday: 4pm-5pm
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.