Special Projects Manager
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Special Projects Manager for it’s network of rigorous PK-10 public charter schools and out of school time programs. Reporting to the Managing Director of Educational Strategy and Data, the Special Projects Manager is responsible for the planning and project management of initiatives in a variety of areas including but not limited to: staff culture, programmatic innovation, strategic planning, growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done through proactive problem-solving and the ability to adapt and succeed within changing and challenging circumstances. They demonstrate eagerness for continuous personal development, a deep curiosity, and a history of implementing feedback to improve performance. They possess outstanding project management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This person has strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies.
Like all DREAM employees, the Special Projects Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare plan materials for internal and external meetings, presentations, and special events with direction from the MD of Educational Strategy & Data and other leaders;
- Collaborate with organization leaders to coordinate efforts to achieve strategic initiatives;
- Develop and maintain work plans that establish timelines and milestones to ensure work on core initiatives stay on track and include specific targets and measures for tracking the achievement of planned goals.
- Build and continuously improve an active, accessible repository of project documents that organizes and supports the critical initiatives while codifying best practices and applying lessons learned;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on core initiatives and special projects;
- Develop, refine, and amend strategy documents, briefs, presentations, and other deliverables for a variety of audiences;
- Support the Managing Director team with project planning, coordination, and communications;
- Provide project management support by monitoring trackers and metrics to ensure progress on high-level work;
- Craft and compile materials for monthly Board meetings and submissions to DREAM’s charter authorizer;
- Support the MD team with other projects and duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; relevant Master’s degree a plus;
- At least 4 years of relevant professional work experience required;
- Exceptional project management skills required;
- Management consulting or similar experience desired;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required;
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Highly resourceful with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues;
- A positive, upbeat attitude, solutions-oriented and high level of flexibility;
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.