Managing Director of Programs
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Managing Director of Programs. Reporting to the Chief Education Officer, the ideal candidate has a track record of driving results, developing senior leaders, launching and seeing through ambitious initiatives, interacting with fundraisers and external partners, and has superior strategic and executive skills. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees, the Managing Director of Programs should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build, develop and lead the Program Leadership Team including program directors, and critical central staff towards exceptional outcomes for students, families, and staff that result in integrated models in our schools and community programs that close the achievement gap;
- Drive the strategic integration of Social Emotional Learning and Athletics, Health, and Wellness in our school day, after-school and summer programs;
- Ensure excellence in all community-based programming including after-school and summer across East Harlem, South Bronx, and Newark, NJ.
- Develop and define annual and multi-year goals for all programs and a strategic management system to ensure each leader’s success;
- Develop and implement supervision plans and conduct cyclical performance evaluations of the Program Leadership Team;
- Empower directors to be successful in their work to manage and lead their direct reports and teams and to collaborate across teams;
- Coordinate professional development and growth opportunities for the Program Leadership Team;
- Conduct cyclical analysis of data to support the Program Leadership Team in holistically assessing both student progress and program effectiveness;
- Collaborate closely with other senior leaders in the organization to optimize the partnership between the schools, DREAM’s programs, and shared services;
- Drive the strategic direction of the integrated model in future growth and expansion;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with partner organizations and other leaders in the youth development field to ensure DREAM programs are accessing the best resources, forming strong partnerships, and aware of important innovations in the field;
- Collaborate closely with Managing Directors and Chief Education Officer;
- Supervise, directly or indirectly, all program staff;
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Education Officer
- Masters Degree in Education and/or Youth Development;
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience with a record of results;
- Direct experience in youth development and/or education with a record of transforming youth outcomes through SEL, Athletics or Student Achievement;
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in leadership and youth development;
- Ability to manage a complex budget and make key resource-based decisions;
- Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to develop and maintain excellent programs;
- Ability to think critically and maintain a detail-orientation when accomplishing all tasks;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills for a wide variety of stakeholders from staff to families to external partners;
- Successful experience in developing senior leaders;
DREAM salary is highly competitive with other non-profits and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM staff receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.