Family Partner- CEDARS Bridges Program
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE CEDARS BRIDGES PROGRAM:
- Provides case management services and life skills development for formerly homeless youth ages 18-24
- Supports youth in increasing their financial stability, improving their wellness, and reaching greater self-determination
- Works closely with community stakeholders and other resources to bridge service gaps and meet the needs of the program participants
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Provide case management for Bridges Program participants
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date per grant requirements
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned youth ages 18-24
- Determine youth’s eligibility for the program prior to program entry
- Complete intakes and in-depth assessments at program entry
- Develop youth driven service plans
- Coordinate care and advocate for youth’s needs
- Conduct visits in the youth’s apartments to ensure compliance with lease and program expectations
- Guide program participants through the process of application, qualification, and re-determination for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and other services as needed
SCHEDULE: Flexible scheduling with occasional nights and weekends to meet the needs of program participants.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working at-risk or homeless youth
- You are a go-getter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help program participants move in and set up apartments
- You have knowledge of transitional housing, rent wise, economic benefits, community resources and parenting skills
- You have access to a reliable vehicle for use
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!