Are you a reliable, creative individual who wants to apply your wit, humor, and writing skills in a creative, collaborative environment? Do you have an interest in bringing current events, pop culture, and the essence of NYC to online readers? If so, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic about writing for a growing online magazine startup. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain more experience in journalism and writing. Our magazine covers a number of topics and we are always looking for new content and column ideas. At NYMM, we pride ourselves in giving our interns an opportunity to learn valuable skills and gain experience, while doing the things they love!
- Ability to work at least 15 hours per week for 6 consecutive months
- Apply creativity in order to find a specific topic to write on
- Extensive research skills – both online and elsewhere
- Journalistic experience is a plus
- An interest in NYC, current events, fashion, food, sports, college issues etc.
- Familiarity in AP formatting and journalism
- Excellent English language communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- Write your assigned column for weekly publication
- Take on about 3 columns to be due each week or a daily column due each day
- Submit articles by the prescribed deadline! MUST be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Edit your own work prior to submission to the editorial team – it should have minimal to no errors
- Contribute ideas for NYMM’s growth
- Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm on new column ideas
New York Minute Magazine is a growing online startup with a virtual office. We look for interns that approach everything they do with integrity, passion, hard work, and, most importantly, a measure of levity and accessible mirth. We want go-getters of gaiety that can hit the ground running with a positive, down-to-earth attitude. Our internships are remote with flexible hours. Find out more about us on http://newyorkminutemag.com and follow us on social media.