Health & Wellness Summer 2020 Internship
The Health & Wellness Intern will work directly with Charleston County Health & Wellness Coordinators to support existing Health & Wellness programs, races, and events. The Intern will also play a role in future program and event development by conducting research on health & wellness in Charleston County and industry trends. Upon completion of the research, the intern will make recommendations and assist with the development of future programs and events that address the findings. The intern will gain an overall view of the park system, Charleston County’s programs, races and events, interact with customers, and assist with program promotion at community partner and networking events.
• The selected candidate will gain an overall view of the park system, interact with customers, and assist with health and wellness race, event, and program promotion.
• Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, Sports Marketing, Public Health, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, and Physical Education majors would benefit from this opportunity.
• Will assist in the implementation of county park races, runs and competitions
• May assist in coordination and supervision of part-time programming staff, volunteers, and contract workers at races, runs and competitions
• Will assist in the streamlining and organization of the registration process. This includes, but is not limited to, pre-race and event day registration and packet pickup
• Will assist in the research of supplies, professional services and other programming needs with direction from the Fitness and Wellness programming manager
• Attends Fitness and Wellness team meetings as needed
• Fulfills other duties as requested by Fitness and Wellness Program Manager
Seeking an intern with an interest in the fields of: Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, Sports Marketing, Public Health, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or Physical Education. Must be a rising junior with some coursework towards your major