Software Technical Analyst & Support Specialist
Software Technical Analyst & Support
Professional Services Team
RPC Software builds business applications for small to mid-size companies in various vertical markets. Specializing in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions RPCs main product, the CORE Business System, runs every aspect of an organization’s operations.
CORE Business System is looking for creative, highly motivated, problem solvers who wish to help build the software applications and technical solutions that are changing an industry. We offer a flexible and supportive environment that will allow you to be creative and challenged in the use of your talents. As a member of the CORE Team you will be working with cutting edge technologies to solve business problems and develop tools within our application suite and web services platform.
· Work with our customers and professional services team to evaluate and translate business requirements into technical specifications and test cases.
· Partner with development staff to ensure that technical solutions are created and delivered to user requirements.
· Help the implementation group with the installation, configuration and roll out of the CORE Business System to new users.
· Develop SQL solutions and report designs that will be used be development staff to create functionality and features within the CORE system.
· Build simple end user reports requested by customers.
· Defines application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
· Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
· Assist our Customer Success Team in helping to troubleshoot and resolve Level II technical and functional issues that are reported by our end users.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by end users.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on CORE products or services.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
· Co-author technical and end user documentation.
· New team members will be required to spend a portion on their on-boarding experience assisting the Customer Success Team (Help Desk).
· Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Systems, Business or Communications.
· Understanding of end-to-end business processes including CRM, sales, procurement, delivery, warehousing, and accounting.
- Experience with an ERP or operating system preferred.
· Excellent SQL skills including data modeling, stored procedures, and triggers. MySQL a plus.
· Experience using Business Intelligence report writing tools such as Crystal or BIRT reports.
· Understand software application and web base architectures. (Including Web Services).
· Expertise in Excel and flow charting.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
· Detail oriented, with the ability to take code from design to production.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of computer systems, office automation products and databases.
- Experience with continuous improvement, Kaizen, or 6 Sigma a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to work within a team environment.
We offer a competitive salary, healthcare benefits and a company sponsored 401k plan (February 2019)