Sports Coaching Internship (Paid). Jun-Aug 2020
"ALL SPORTS" COACH
This fun and creative internship invites you to develop your leadership and communication skills for teaching and coaching land/water-based sports to groups of around 20 children or teens. Our All Sports Coaches will learn how to collaborate with people from all over the world; build life skills in campers; and exercise great judgment regarding safety – all the while engaging with and entertaining kids through the joy of playing sports! This internship position requires a positive attitude, great adaptability, and simply the desire to put smiles on the faces of staff and kids!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN WHILE INTERNING
• how to present to small and large groups
• how to find your own leadership style
• how to adapt to new situations
• how to communicate thoughts and ideas to people of all ages and backgrounds
• how to accept supervision and work well with others
• how to lead athletic activities
• how to sell your internship experience to employers after graduation
ALL WE NEED FROM YOU
• an upbeat, fun attitude
• an enjoyment for playing all kinds of sports
• the willingness to learn how to put fun before competition
• an openness to picking up new skills from peers and mentors
• some previous experience coaching, teaching or leading activities - and the passion for getting better at it
• a feeling that you can make a real difference by working with kids
Shared housing and all meals are included in your employment, so you'll even be saving money all Summer too!
Find out more at international-sports.com!