Internship - Researcher
M.O.B.B. United is seeking individuals for an unpaid internship. This role will entail assisting with researching legal information related to the rights of our members and their sons, and gathering information to identify other resources available to support our mission.
Researcher/Data Compiler Internship Opportunity
Learning to Compile Court Cases that will serve as precedents to support MOBB United Legal Doctrine
Creating legal documents for a nonprofit organization
Analyzing/Identifying laws/propositions/amendments that can help MOBB United create legislative changes to positively affect the overall perception of black males.
Identifying resources and treatments for mental health issues facing MOBB United members and their sons.
Creating a guide/document to support self-care and wellness for members and their sons.
Analyzing mental health incidents and treatments to determine if proper treatment was provided or if a different method might be beneficial.
Creating/providing guidance and support for MOBB United members whose sons are struggling within the educational system.
Assisting MOBB United members with reviews of special education services.
Providing support and help for parents struggling to navigate their school district's educational system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Gathering resources from reputable organizations, businesses, and professionals
· Organizing and verifying the information gathered
· Submitting the data/information to organization leaders to be added to nationwide database
· Must be well organized, able to work independently and manage one’s time
· Must have quality writing and communication skills. Proficient in Excel, a plus
· Must have thorough research skills. The Applicant must be able to analyze an organization’s structure at each level to determine the information which is applicable to current project goals for M.O.B.B. United
· Must be willing to network to find resources within one’s community and beyond
· Must be willing to dedicate up 20 hrs a week
To apply, please send resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com