Student Nurse Intern
The Student Nurse Intern works under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) to provide safe, personal patient care. In this program you will have an opportunity to:
- Receive Basic Life Support training;
- Have assistance with determination of nursing specialty;
- Utilize technical skills learned in school under the direction of a RN;
- Facilitate transition from student to graduate nurse; and
- Step Four Student Nurse Interns (in fourth clinical semester) who make a commitment to work as a RN at United may begin their orientation and may be assigned to shadow a RN.
Qualifications needed for the Student Nurse Intern program:
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum of one semester of formal nursing education that includes at least one semester of clinical experience and/or C.N.A certification and currently enrolled in first clinical semester.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months-2 years)
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Certification/Li censure Required for Job: Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.