Teacher - Certified (Multiple Subject Areas Available)
Job Description - Teacher
The job of Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: .
This job reports to Principal
- Administers subject specific assessments for the purpose of evaluating student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing objective-based goals in the home environment.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, district specialists, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of college and career readiness and student needs.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing effective instruction addressing individual student requirements.
- Develops instructional materials (e.g. curricula activities, course materials, lesson plans, web-based documents, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Directs and collaborates with student teachers, teacher aides, cooperating teachers and volunteers for the purpose of providing effective instruction and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Evaluates student progress towards course objectives in relationship to college and career readiness for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Executes policies, procedures and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Instructs students for the purpose of achieving skills necessary for college and career readiness.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe, orderly and positive learning environment.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, hallways, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe, orderly and positive learning environment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a variety of written and electronic materials, documents and records (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, IEP objective support activity, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress while meeting mandated requirements.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, bullying, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code and school policies.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours; collaboration; organizational ability.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; tracking budget expenditures. utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 30% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience is desired.
Education : Bachelors degree in job-related area.
- Teaching Credential
- Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance