We're looking for a Data Scientist to help us start the next project at Pythonwise Inc.
Job Overview :
As a Junior Data Scientist, you would play a huge role in determining how this data is leveraged and packaged. Our ideal candidate will have a good foundation in research methods and statistics, but because we’re building something entirely new, you’ll need to apply that knowledge to answer questions that may not be neatly framed. You’ll help to build APIs, perform analyses, develop user-facing products, and more.
• Translate business requirements into research components and data requirements
• Provide detailed analysis that will uncover new insights and identify new sales, marketing, and growth opportunities
• Transform complex analyses into compelling, easy-to-understand case studies and user stories
• Maintain and improve upon existing models and tools for internal marketing and sales teams.
• Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, data science, or other quantitative science (psychology, economics, physics, etc.)
• 1+ years of relevant work experience in statistics, data science, or machine learning
• A passion for using data to tell stories and using visualization tools to help unlock meaningful insights.
• The ability to interpret and communicate complex concepts clearly to non-technical team members
• Experience with quantitative analysis
• An understanding of statistics and a demonstrated ability to understand the statistical basis of crowdsourcing
• Programming and scripting skills
• Knowledge of modern machine learning algorithms
• Experience in research methodology
You Will Enjoy The Role If :
• You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment, working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
• You want a strong data infrastructure and engineering team to back you up, rather than having to start from scratch
• You are output-focused and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done, rather than as an end in itself
• You are a strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems
• Your passion and curiosity for data is infectious
Pay Rate : $35 - $45