Accounting Internship - Summer 2020 (Silicon Valley, CA)
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP offers a unique rotational summer internship that allows students majoring in accounting to try Tax, Audit and Advisory. We are proud to be ranked the #2 accounting internship in the nation by Vault!
Our summer internship program is centered around our Silicon Valley offices, but will be mobile throughout the Bay Area. We strive to expand students’ understanding of the public accounting profession while providing the opportunity to gain practical work experience in a professional environment.
The first week kicks off with orientation and training, which is led by Partners and Managers. As interns learn about the innovative services we provide, they will develop a more comprehensive understanding of the profession and progressive business climate here in Silicon Valley. During that time, we also hold our all-hands annual meeting, which offers an inside look into the state of the Firm.
After training, rotations through various departments will begin. Rotations typically include: Assurance and Advisory, Tax, and Accounting and CFO Advisory. Some interns may also elect to work with departments offering consulting and IT-related services. Interns are exposed to many different clients and industries, and work with all levels of employees during their summer with us. Each intern will be assigned a work buddy to assist them during rotations. The final week is reserved for wrap up and fun!
Intern work experience could include the following:
- Work on portions of audit engagements and develop an understanding of the audit process
- Compile financial statements following established formats
- Assist in the completion of business risk consulting and compliance projects
- Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership, not-for-profit and corporate income tax returns
- Prepare payroll, sales, property and other local tax forms
- Record transactions and process the information into accounting records and appropriate financial statements
- Process tax returns, which involves typing transmittal letters, minor corrections on returns, and completing various forms and schedules
- Attend client meetings and audit planning meetings; assist with research projects
- Develop appropriate computer skills including standardized software applications (Microsoft Office, time and billing), tax return processing, tax projection and financial statement trial balance software
Throughout the summer there are a variety of social activities that offer interns a chance to meet more of our people from all offices and levels as well as explore the Bay Area. Previous events included: SF Giants game, bocce ball, visiting our Napa Valley office, Iron Chef cookoff, Levi’s stadium tour, community service, Alcatraz, sailing the San Francisco bay, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and other social gatherings by office.
- Current candidate for a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in business with an emphasis in accounting or taxation
- Final graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021 (Spring 2022 grads on a five year plan will also be considered)
- Detailed plan to complete the 150 semester/225 quarter units required for CA CPA licensure
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, with a higher major GPA preferred
We strive to convert our interns to full-time employees. Internship applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is not eligible for sponsorship and we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) via our website. In your cover letter, we would appreciate learning more about your interest in establishing your career in the Bay Area. Interviews will be conducted in one of our offices or via Skype. Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule a date and time.
Frank, Rimerman is consistently recognized as "One of the Best Places to Work" by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and one of the top firms in the nation by Vault Career Intelligence. We are proud to be called one of the "Best of the Best" by Inside Public Accounting. We believe that along with pursuing your professional career, you should also have time for a life outside of work. Our culture is focused around our employees’ interests, both inside and outside the office.