Fund Accountant I
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of multiple mutual funds, entering and monitoring general ledger activity, working with internal and external parties to resolve trade, cash and income discrepancies and performing reconciliations with the custodian and sub-advisors as well as various projects assigned.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely calculation of daily Net Asset Values of several mutual funds.
- Research and resolve cash and security reconciliations to custodian bank using Bloomberg and other resources.
- Affirm and review security trade activity.
- Evaluate income and expense accruals.
- Instruct on short-term investment trades based on available cash.
- Research security price fluctuations that break tolerance.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports and semi-annual SEC filings.
- Review peers' transaction journal for accuracy.
- Assist in special projects.
- Assist with coverage of funds as needed.
- Communicate with outside parties to resolve discrepancies in the funds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Desire to learn about the financial services industry.
- Analytical skills that can be used to research issues.
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field, accounting or finance preferred.
- Prior mutual fund accounting experience a plus.