Finance Associate Rotational Program 2020
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Early Careers at Cargill:
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Finance Associate Rotational Position:
Think about a career where you get to be a key player in learning Cargill's assets and contributing to the company's profitability. Your career path could take you to the implementation of a new technology, to a special project or to working on cross-functional international teams. During the rotation, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way.
The FAR Program is a three-year rotational program, with 12 months spent in each rotation. The program allows you to rotate through areas such as, but not limited to: Accounting and Reporting, Corporate Accounting & Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Management Information & Decision Support, Risk Management, and more. After successful completion of the three-year FAR Program, you will be placed into a permanent position. Our rotational program is the primary source for the next generation of Cargill Finance leaders!
You will join the FAR Program with other new graduates onboarding and training together during a week-long training session. During your three years, you will participate in various activities together with your onboarding class. Similarly, you will graduate from the rotational program together, participating in a capstone project or presentation.
Virtual education and ongoing training: Gain exposure to Finance leaders and hear examples of Finance career paths through education and training. Webinar topics are decided by you, which results in relevant and timely topics. We help participants understand how you fit and why you matter to Cargill.
Mentor assignment: Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture with the aid of an assigned mentor.
Group Activities: Build a network of connections with peers and leaders outside through group activities. Groups plan activities throughout the year are focused around: development, community service, and networking.
Associate Program Benefits:
· Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
· Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
· Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
· Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
· As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
Job Location & Timing:
FAR Program participants are typically based out of Minneapolis, MN or Wichita, KS for the rotations. However, participants may be placed at a Cargill plant or office location across the United States. Business need and candidate preference are both considered when determining location. FAR Program Participants should expect to potentially relocate at least once during the three-year program. The FAR Program will begin in June 2020.
· Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related degree.
· Must be graduating between December 2019 and May 2020 and also be available to begin full-time employment by June of 2020.
· Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
· Intermediate level proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Strong financial acumen
· Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of Finance
· Willing and able to relocate for rotational opportunities
· Significant quantitative and analytical capability
· Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
· Strong communication skills – written and oral
· Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with or without reasonable accommodations
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
· Experience working for a multi-national organization
· Fluency in a second language
· Demonstrated self-starter, entrepreneurial and innovative
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and strategic planning concepts
· Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning and reporting
· Experience with SAP
· Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.