Finance Internship Summer 2020
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
The finance internship program will provide you with valuable experience across the Finance job family with placement in an area such as, but not limited to: Corporate Accounting & Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Management Information & Decision Support, Financial Risk Management, Management Reporting, and more. As a Finance & Accounting intern, you will be responsible for providing key information to leadership on business findings and performance of the financial statements to support expense control, accurate reporting and operative investment management in order to drive actionable responses.
· Actively lead process and efficiency analysis, and give insightful recommendations to the team for improving business performance and operational efficiencies.
· Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture
· Develop your network by engaging with employees and interns from across Cargill’s many businesses and functions.
· Participate in team-building and philanthropic events throughout your internship.
· Complete projects throughout the summer and report-out on your accomplishments through a final internship capstone presentation to business leaders, supervisors and colleagues at the end of your internship.
· Internships are paid and are at a minimum of 12 weeks in duration.
· Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (eligibility based on mileage)
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
· Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
· Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year into the fulltime Finance Associate Rotational Program
· As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
· Interns are typically based out of Minneapolis, MN or Wichita, KS - with some interns may be placed at a Cargill plant or office location locations across the United States such as Nebraska, Blair or Georgia. However, all candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
· Plant or office setting; must be open to interning in either type of setting
· Travel approximately 10% or less
· Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related degree.
· Must be graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 and be available for full-time employment upon graduation.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2020)
· Intermediate level proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
· Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Experience working for a multi-national company
· Strong financial acumen
· Significant quantitative and analytical capability
· Fluency in a second language
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of finance
· Demonstrated self-starter, entrepreneurial and innovative
· Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and strategic planning concepts
· Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning, and reporting
· Experience with SAP
· Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.