Web and Digital Marketing Specialist
The Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa is seeking a part-time Web Marketing Specialist to join the Collegiate Marketing team. This position will help to ensure the college's website continues to meet the needs of visitors and internal stakeholders, connect students with program information, and attract new students to the college.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in working on the web and to truly stand out, will have some experience growing an audience for a website, blog, or social media property. While each day will be different, responsibilities will include monitoring and completing change requests from a website ticketing system, proactively identifying areas of improvement for the website, providing help and assistance to content owners, and updating the website as needed. This work will develop and/or draw heavily on digital marketing, content strategy, content development, SEO, and accessibility literacies.
Skills, literacies, and interests
This is not a cookie-cutter position, and we’re not looking for cookie cutter candidates. With that said, we’d expect candidates for this position to either have some skills (or have an interest in developing skills) in the following.
- Writing: You should be able to positively contribute to content quality on a story and content-intensive website. This may include proofing, maintenance, revision and/or (depending on interest and skill) writing web copy. Attention to detail is a must, and strong proofing skills are always in demand.
- SEO: Be able to (or be interested in learning how to) optimize websites using on-page and off-page SEO tactics and strategies. We push the limits in some areas, and are capacity-constrained in others. You don’t have to be an expert coming into this position, but you should be interested in developing expertise as you grow in the position.
- User Experience: Be an advocate for changes, improvements and enhancements necessary to ensure that site visitors have a positive experience interacting with our brand online.
- Analytics: Understand the basics of how Google Analytics can be used to report on site KPIs and reveal opportunities for improvement.
- Digital Marketing: Understand the basics of how a website functions and contributes in a digital marketing ecosystem consisting of ads, other websites, automation, email, social media and elements of the modern martech stack.
- Team Player: We work hard, move fast, and play well together. The ideal candidate will be interested in being part of team.
Successful candidates can come from a number of majors and with a number of interests. If you have a background or interest in business, marketing, journalism, English, communications, web development, content marketing or audience development, we want to talk with you. Alternatively, if your background is elsewhere but you can explain why this position is actually a great fit for you, tell us why.
Hours per week:
10-20. Flexible scheduling.