Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
$5000 Sign on bonus! Relocation assistance may be available.
Design, maintain and support the corporate infrastructure at Midco that provides best of class service to our employees.
- Design, maintain, support, and back up all physical and virtual servers and the services they provide to employees.
- Design, maintain, and support Active Directory, Exchange, and other corporate network services.
- Design, maintain, and support the Storage Systems for our corporate users.
- Ensure resiliency of all critical corporate systems.
- Support the Network Operations Center and Customer Service in resolving escalated issues and problems. Report significant activity to the NOC and keep detailed statistics regarding these activities.
- Plan for future capacity and execute related action plans.
- Assist Management in the budgeting process by providing ideas, justification, and documentation.
- Engage vendors to assist in design, installation, and trouble shooting.
- Ensure that viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place and tested for all critical systems.
- Provide effective “on call” support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
- Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation or corporate systems.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel by air or by ground as necessary.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor new hires and existing staff as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required; Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Three to five years server and storage administration experience required.
- Three to five years’ experience with various Windows Servers, Unix, Database support, Exchange, and DNS required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to ladders and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.