Audit Senior Associate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
At Baker Tilly, we live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship.They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! Join us as an Audit Senior Associate and begin to make a difference!
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients
- Positively impact your client’s financial statements, profitability, and business operations through:
- Proactively engaging with your clients throughout the year to gather needed information to complete testing and respond to questions raised
- Reviewing and performing substantive testing on client’s balance sheets and income statements
- Conducting and reviewing tests to assess deficiencies in internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
- Playing an active role in discussions with the Manager and Partner relative to business recommendations resulting from testing performed and information gathered
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA license or eligibility to sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant examination required
- Two (2)+ years of experience providing accounting and auditing services in a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Microsoft Suite skills