Marketing Intern - 2019-3802
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Do you have a passion for marketing, social media, and like to travel? In this marketing internship position, you will collaborate with a variety of staff including marketing, event planners, creatives and sales to complete a variety of tasks related to marketing and sales.
Internship runs January 13 - August 14, 2020.
Your exact responsibilities will vary depending upon assignment, but you can expect opportunities like these during your internship:
- Assist with creating content for digital marketing campaigns (emails, landing pages, blogs, etc.).
- Help with the company's social media presence.
- Provide assistance for the execution of events, including establishing convention campaigns; arranging hotels, ordering swag & literature, packing and shipping convention materials; providing on-site event support; and monitoring lead follow-up.
- Monitor and report on marketing campaigns.
- Attend trade shows, demonstrate products and visit customers to better understand how a customer navigates their buying journey.
- Conduct market research.
- Contribute to Daktronics Intern Group through:
- Monthly luncheons.
- Attend Toastmasters.
- Recruiting events.
- Give internship capstone presentation and attend colleagues’ presentations.
- Experience manufacturing through production rotation.
- Build and maintain professional relationships.
- Preferred applicants will be currently enrolled in accredited bachelor’s degree program related to business, communication, marketing, or advertising.
- Completion of sophomore year.
- Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be a summer and a semester or a semester and a summer.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Able to meet and maintain Daktronics Qualified Driver status and pass motor vehicle background check.
- Comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements for operating Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV):
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Obtain state & company certification to operate a CMV with a gross vehicle weight rating from 10,001 to 26,001 pounds.
- Employees will be required to participate in a driver exam road test.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes drug test.
- Physically able to connect trailer to vehicle.
- Be able to operate large trucks with or without trailers safely in various weather and traffic conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.