TaxPayer Support Associate Internship
Desire some “real world” experience in working with taxes? Want to get paid doing work that will make your Tax Class or the income tax section of the CPA exam easier? Join the TaxAct Taxpayer Support Department for the upcoming tax season. TaxAct is the nation’s fastest growing online tax software company. We provide income tax preparation software directly to consumers and tax professionals. All positions are located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn about every type of income tax issue and situation that taxpayers may encounter. Our web based application appeals to people across the nation and provides you the opportunity to help with every type of tax situation imaginable. Each day will present a unique challenge and you will find no two days to be the same.
We work extended hours (nights and weekends) during the tax season and shifts are flexible to allow for class schedules.
• Assist customers with using the TaxAct software. This includes locating information, identifying appropriate data entry points and give clarity to the product questions. Generally helping the taxpayer to maximize the benefit they receive from the program.
• Help customers understand how the tax rules and regulations have applied to their specific return.
• Assist taxpayers in obtaining solutions to both general tax questions and also those specific to their situation.
• Special projects as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Interest in income taxes.
• Good computer skills & working experience.
• Ability to utilize tax research materials.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Great communication skills.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
TaxAct is unable to offer visa sponsorship, however we are able to work with OPT or CPT authorization.
TaxAct® specializes in tax preparation products and services for Consumers and Business segments. Our primary goal is to provide high quality tax filing solutions at an affordable price. Our success has been built on our team's foremost commitment to designing tools and services that empower people to make well informed financial decisions with ease and accuracy at a fair price. We have helped over 50 million tax filers. TaxAct is a Blucora business. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Blucora has been named one of Fortune® Magazine’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies for the past two years.