Research Associate, Mass Spectrometry
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is seeking to fill a Research Associate position in our Metabolomics Core Lab. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting Calico’s scientists with execution of their basic aging research experiments by providing mass spectrometry expertise and service. The well-qualified candidate has a solid grasp of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and its application to biological questions.
- BS degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline (PhD not expected) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Preparation of biological samples for LC-MS analysis
- Operation and maintenance of LC-MS instrumentation
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Able to respond quickly to shifting priorities
- Efficient and careful in laboratory work
- Detail-oriented and organized
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of endogenous metabolism
- Knowledge of basic statistics, and some familiarity with R or python
- Previous experience analyzing endogenous metabolites or lipids