Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications for talented experimentalist to join a discovery research team with interests in cellular aging and creating cell-based models of human disease. We welcome applications from scientists, tinkerers, and technology enthusiasts alike. This position is ideal for someone who excels at wet lab, is fearless in taking on technical challenges, and can effectively collaborate with diverse researchers in our quest to tackle aging.
Example publications from our group:
A new experimental platform facilitates assessment of the transcriptional and chromatin landscapes of aging yeast https://elifesciences.org/articles/39911
Time-resolved genome-scale profiling reveals a causal expression network
- A Ph.D. degree (with completed postdoc or equivalent work experience) in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, or related field
- Must have a strong record of productivity with impactful scientific publications
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success developing and/or applying cutting edge ‘omic technologies in their research. Experience with single-cell RNA-seq (10X / Drop-seq) or pooled screens is especially desirable.
- Comfort dealing with diverse data using common scripting languages (i.e., R, Python, or MATLAB)
- Must be capable of working independently but also be an effective team player and have excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with computer vision