Scientist, Immunology and Physiology
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications from experimentalists who are excited to join an interdisciplinary team focused on stress signaling pathways and innate immunity in disease and aging. The team is tackling basic questions in systemic stress signaling and utilizing this information to inform translational efforts. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative scientist that can develop and implement in vitro, ex-vivo and in vivostudies in mammalian systems. The ideal candidate is a nimble scientist who can deploy cutting edge technologies and design new tools to perturb and measure different cellular states with spatial and temporal resolution in a quantitative fashion. This position is for someone that enjoys the wet lab, can design complex experiments integrating diverse sources of information and utilize available resources to effectively answer biological questions.
- A PhD degree in physiology, immunology, genetics, molecular biology or related science, plus a completed postdoc or 3 + years of work experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong record of productivity with impactful scientific publications and a track record of effective collaboration in complex projects
- Experience with in vivo mammalian research, tissue isolation and dissociation
- Experience with the design and analysis of genetically engineered mouse models and AAV vectors is desirable
- Experience with molecular biology and cell-based assays in primary cell types, 3D-cultures or organoids
- Need to have some hands-on coding experience and possess quantitative skills
- Able to design and interpret omics experiments
- Must be capable of working independently but also be an effective team player and have excellent communication skills