Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, Biomarkers
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Calico Biomarker Group within Translational Sciences. Our group is responsible for, designing and implementing biomarkers for programs in Immunology, Tissue Growth and Repair, Neuroscience and Metabolism. The successful candidate will join our dynamic team and work to identify and profile pharmacodynamic biomarkers in preclinical models and implement pharmacodynamic assays in early stage clinical trials of novel therapeutics.
Who you are:
- Discover and evaluate biomarkers in cell systems and in preclinical models
- Develop and optimize biomarker assays
- Implement biomarker assays in clinical trials
- Evaluate new technologies to support clinical biomarker assay development
- BSc. MSc. with at least 3 years of industry experience
- Strong technical skills in whole blood, cell-based assays and tissue processing.
- Excellent molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques are essential
- Experience in developing, qualifying and running immuno-based biomarker assays using various assay platforms
- Experience in developing and implementing robust clinical biomarker assays
- Expertise in Immunology research is a plus
- Flow cytometry, deep sequencing and/or mass spectrometry experience is a plus
- Experience in advanced analytical methods a plus (eg single-cell analysis, circulating nucleic acids, exosomes/EVs)
- Able to plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments independently