High School Mathematics Teacher
High School Mathematics Teacher (1.0 FTE)
Loy Norrix High School
KEA Salary Schedule
Scope of Responsibilities
Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
1. Teaches District approved curriculum.
2. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for all classes assigned.
5. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, keeps appropriate records and provides progress reports as required.
9. Identifies students for special education referrals on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
10.Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
11.Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
12.Establishes and maintains reasonable standards and procedures for pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
1. Four year degree from an accredited teacher preparation program.
2. Valid Michigan Secondary Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement.
3. Must be Highly Qualified in content area with the endorsement of Math (EX) Grades 6-12.
4. Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
1. Experience working in an urban setting.
2. Endorsed in one additional core subject area.
3. Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents.
Please apply online at www.kalamazoopublicschools.com
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer