Summer Communications Intern
The AJGA is looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as communications interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
- Execute the AJGA’s social media plan and promotional plan
- Write and publish blogs, press releases, features and web stories
- Create short- and long-form content for the AJGA website and social media
- Create sponsor impact content before, during and after an event
- Conduct interviews
- Work with local media
- Photography / videography (shoot and edit)
- Serve as on-course rules official, start and score players, and assist with overall operations as needed
- Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
- Public speaking
- Customer service
- Excellent communication, public speaking, content creation and public relations skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent motivation, organization, communication, and work quality
- Golf knowledge is preferred, but not mandatory
- Willingness to take an active leadership role among diverse set of teammates
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in photography, video, graphic design and/or social media preferred
- Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the internship
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license for a minimum of three years
- Must take a Georgia Department of Transportation physical provided by and paid for by the AJGA
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor's Degree
- Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
- Work in direct sun exposure
- Drive and operate company vehicles and travel via plane
- Drive and operate a golf cart
- Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies / cameras / computers
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Spring and Summer Season (March 16, 2020 – May 5, 2020 / May 14, 2020 – September 15, 2020)
- The AJGA will compensate interns the hourly federal minimum wage ($7.25) plus time and one-half for overtime worked.
- Spring Interns on average will work 40 – 55 hours per week
- Summer Interns on average will work 50 – 65 hours per week
- The AJGA will compensate all tournament-related expenses (lodging, food, gas and laundry).
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at end of the internship is on the intern.
- Each intern will be provided with clothing, shoes and sunglasses
- In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
Summer Deadline: January 10, 2020
**Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 21 – 23, 2020. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.