Youth Development Professional
Gain experience in Youth Development for future careers in counseling, teaching, psychology, and more.
If you want to work in a fun, team-driven environment while building your resume, come join the Boys & Girls Club team!
Our Youth Development Professionals (YDPs) deliver programming in one or two areas such as: Learning Center, Gym, Games Room, Computer Lab, and Art Room. The majority of responsibilities are working directly with youth, ensuring their safety, well-being and development through interactive play and planned activities.
The YDP is self-motivated, mature, energetic, and able to maintain clear and healthy boundaries with Club members, parents and staff; able to communicate and interact with youth in a way that is age appropriate, motivational and positive. The YDP must be flexible, have the ability to adapt to a work environment that changes often, must remain calm and solve problems in stressful situations. The YDP must anticipate and implement all elements of activities in an organized fashion.
Shift: School Year: Mon-Fri approximately 2:00p-7:00p
- Establish a program setting that ensures the health and safety of our members
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy
- Provide strong guidance and role-modeling to all members
- Welcome and register new members and participate in the Club Orientation process
- Implement and monitor quality programs and activities that are inclusive and FUN
- Ensure program content supports goals and organization mission
- Identify and recruit members for individual programs
- Support members in meeting targeted program outcomes
- Make certain programs and activities occur daily as scheduled
- Take pride in work and appearance, both personal and of the Club and program areas
- Ensure space, equipment and supplies are ready before programs begin, and at the conclusion of each day that everything is organized and well-maintained
- Has a desire to work with kids
- Energetic and FUN, positive attitude
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior challenges
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to conduct on-the-go projects and activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, displays initiative
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an organized program setting
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications (will offer training)
- $10.00-$12.00 (based on experience)