Capital Markets and Investment Banking Intern
TigerRisk leads the industry in facilitating innovative reinsurance and capital markets solutions while also being integrally embedded within our clients' operations.
Summary: Our Investment Banking Interns play an integral role on Capital Markets & Advisory teams, providing analytical support on mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital offerings, insurance-linked security (ILS) offerings and other financial advisory services for our clients.
- Our interns are the anchors of each team during the summer months and are expected to make a personal impact right from the start. You will work on some of the biggest deals in insurance investment banking and gain the necessary tools to be able to handle increasingly important responsibilities
- Interns develop their skills through broad and frequent exposure to both junior and senior bankers. You will gain knowledge and skills to build a strong career foundation in financial services
- Participate in all stages of transaction executions, from the pitch phase through closing.
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings; covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Participate in the origination and execution of M&A, equity, debt and ILS transactions
- Assisting in preparation of company marketing documents and client presentations in addition to performing research and various analyses in support of new business generation
- Assisting in preparation of company valuations including using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, trading comparables and transaction comparables
- Candidates must have a proven academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.3 and an interest in finance
- The ideal candidate will have (i) an enduring work ethic and track record of success; (ii) the ability to function equally well in both a team setting and on a self-directed basis; and (iii) excellent mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills
- Required to be actively enrolled in a four-year college or university
- An undergrad in Business Administration with a focus in economics is preferred but not required
- Previous work or internship experience in the financial and/or insurance industries is a plus
- Prior investment banking experience is not required
TigerRisk Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.