Actuarial Intern - Summer 2020
Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange which, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, writes property casualty reinsurance business. One of its subsidiaries, Third Point Reinsurance (USA) Ltd., is looking for a motivated individual to join its team as an Actuarial Intern in the Jersey City, New Jersey office.
The role will support the Actuarial function on a number of initiatives within Risk Management, Capital Modeling, Reinsurance Pricing, or Reserving depending on immediate needs during internship. The role will report to the Actuarial Director and work primarily with the actuarial team within the US office.
Applicants must be self-motivated and independent workers with the ability to multi-task on a variety of assignments in a demanding environment.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Support the development of actuarial and risk models
- Build and implement processes which streamline core actuarial and risk analyses, improving the quality and speed of delivery
- Perform research on industry data and trends
- Collaborate across Third Point Re functions to gain understanding of the reinsurance business
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, or related field with anticipated graduation year of 2021 or 2022
- Completion of at least one Actuarial Exam
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- Strong work ethic and teamwork mindset
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong data wrangling skills
- Knowledge of accounting and finance, including financial modeling
- Programming/coding skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Prior experience in insurance
Third Point Re is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in our industry.
Third Point Re is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.