DART is a network of 22 diverse and multi-faith community organizations fighting for racial and economic justice in the Midwest, Plains, and southeastern US.
We're hiring full-time community organizers who will train people of faith to hold political and economic systems accountable for acting fairly. This includes coaching clergy and lay leaders to uncover community problems, research solutions, and organize direct actions to call for change.
Positions start January 13, 2020 in:
FLORIDA: St. Petersburg, Lakeland, West Palm Beach, Sarasota
Positions start August 10, 2020 in:
FLORIDA: St. Petersburg, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Lakeland, Daytona Beach, Sarasota
KENTUCKY: Louisville, Lexington
SOUTH CAROLINA: Charleston
During your first five months, you will receive intensive on-the-job training through the DART Organizers Institute. You will learn basic organizing principles and develop key organizing skills including: finding and developing leaders, issue research and strategy, power analysis, and one-to-one meetings. Ongoing professional development will continue through individualized coaching and mentoring, as well as local, regional, and national staff trainings and retreats.
· Train grassroots faith leaders in building strong justice ministry teams within their congregations
· Help leaders conduct research and develop action plans for winnable issue campaigns
· Recruit new leaders and congregations into the organization
· Organize annual 6-8 week fundraising drive
· Conduct an average of 8 one-to-one meetings with clergy and lay leaders per week
· Core passion for justice and equality
· Excellent relationship-building skills
· Exceptional work ethic
· Willingness to be trained to work with religious institutions
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a car
DART organizations are largely made up of low- and moderate-income, minority and immigrant communities. We strongly encourage people from these backgrounds, as well as fluent Spanish speakers, to apply.
Starting salary $39,064 annually plus health benefits, with regular cost of living increases and performance-based raises. For candidates relocating more than 50 miles, $250 is paid to help cover relocation costs. Employer retirement contributions begin after one year of employment.
We encourage you to attend an informational webinar to learn more about careers in community organizing. RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/events