JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
DIVISION: Corporate Resources
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – Summary
The Accounting Assistant will provide accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Process Direct Bill Statements:
· Review and send direct bill statements to processing team in India.
· Communicate with internal and external accounting contacts to resolve direct bill statement discrepancies or problems.
· Voucher direct bill return commission payments.
· Assist Accounting Specialist with direct bill import and automation.
· Work with internal producers and staff on commission questions.
· Enter paper checks and lock box reports into Epic.
· Scan all cash deposits to the bank.
· Create activities to Client Managers for unapplied cash in Epic.
· Code the Operating Deposit with carrier codes and enter cash receipt in Epic
· Assist Accounting Specialist with account current discrepancies and company payable payments.
· Reconcile agency bill statements and pay carriers prior to their due date.
· Send account currents to external company contacts monthly.
· Assist ReSource Pro with agency bill statement questions.
· Process Captive payments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scan and attach all operating and premium disbursement back up to Epic.
· Process premium check requests.
· Process customer invoices daily
· Process and distribute accounting mail
· Assist Accounting Coordinator with vendor payments and reports.
· Enter Charge to Production in Epic for Operating payments related to clients.
· Other projects or assignments as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Competency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
· Agency experience preferred
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. All employees are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the corporate values of Driven, Excellent and Together.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption with potential for travel.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
· Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
· Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
· Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
· Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
· Travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing job duties.
· Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.