Summer 2020 Intern
Still in school but ready to kick-start your career? Our internship program is perfect for ambitious students looking to gain valuable hands-on experience that will build more than just your resume -- it will expand your career possibilities after graduation. Our program is structured to give students ranging from rising sophomores to masters levels unique experiences tailored to their year in school. Through these experiences you'll build a foundation on which to further your career, your abilities and your dreams. Internships span 12 weeks and are offered in numerous areas of our business, including: Audit, Human Resources, Finance, IT - Digital, Operations, Risk, and more.
Why Huntington? As an intern, you will be exposed to many facets of our business:
- We offer a robust schedule of events - full of development opportunities that include meeting with executives and the CEO on multiple occasions
- We bring in speakers directly from companies like LinkedIn to equip you for future success
- Our internship program has volunteer events built into its structure
Each year we tweak our program, striving to provide the best internship experience that students not only need but want. 100% of our surveyed interns from 2019 would recommend a Huntington internship to other students at their school. Your success is our success, choose Huntington and we will prepare you for a career in banking.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Collaborate directly with your manager
- Support organization and department initiatives
- Provide recommendations to improve your department
- Work both independently and within a team
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude - proficiency with computer software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite
- Take initiative to achieve personal career goals
- Participate in all HNB internship events
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for Huntington!
- High School graduate
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate accredited University
- 3.0 GPA
- Course(s) of study including (but not limited to): Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Human Resources, etc.
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within teams and maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management and completion of multiple tasks
- Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to apply logical/critical thought processes when developing solutions
- Ability to display a positive business presence with management and external personnel
- A strong interest in Banking as a career
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position