Spring 2020 Sponsorship Intern (College Credit Only) - Toyota Oakdale Theatre and XFINITY Theatre
Title: Spring 2020 Sponsorship Intern (College Credit Only)
Location: Toyota Oakdale Theatre and XFINITY Theatre
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Live Nation Media & Sponsorship department is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working within the very heart of the entertainment industry!
The Toyota Oakdale Theatre internship is designed to offer students a hands-on learning experience in Sponsorships, Sponsorship fulfillment, and new business initiatives for the Toyota Oakdale Theatre and XFINITY Theatre.
Areas you will be learning about:
- Fulfillment of integrated sponsorship programs including signage, digital, hospitality and activation.
- How to research specific sponsorship categories and secure business contacts.
- How to manage sponsorship inventory at each venue.
- Seamless concert execution.
- Managing a concert day with Supervisor guidance.
- Gathering photos and tracking materials for recaps.
- Building an event recap following a show
- What makes a compelling Sponsorship PowerPoint presentation and how it’s designed.
- How to draft a mock-contract for a prospective sponsor
- Best practices when creating a “sizzle reel” showcasing the venue or a piece of inventory
- Key components of creating a mock-proposal for a prospective sponsor
- Pitching to the Supervisor and Director of Sales at the completion of the internship
- Must be able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
- Must be enrolled in a BA/MA program at an accredited college or university with Junior or Senior standing
- Pursuing a degree in Music Industry, Marketing, Entertainment/Sales or related field is preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks
- The ability to conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times
- Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required
This internship is for college credit and is a Spring 2020 opportunity. It is a non-paid internship with flexible hours (minimum 20 per week) to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online through the external application link on Handshake to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.