Compliance Intern – Futures
NFA is the only industrywide, self-regulatory organization for the U.S derivatives industry, providing innovative and effective regulatory programs.
Designated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as a registered futures association, NFA strives every day to safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure Members meet their regulatory responsibilities.
Description: Compliance Interns support the Compliance department with safeguarding the integrity of the derivatives markets, protecting investors and ensuring Members meet their regulatory responsibilities by performing extensive examinations, investigations, and financial surveillance of Members' records, operations, and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations.
· Shadow members of the Compliance Department as they perform their duties.
· Learn how to work as part of the examination teams to review Members' policies, procedures, records and operations.
· Handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
· Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about NFA and the derivatives industry.
· Attend various industry specific internal and external training classes.
· Interact with the investing public, senior staff and NFA Member firms.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a business-oriented major and expects to graduate within one year of the internship
- Must be currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of studies
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working toward NFA's Compliance Examiner requirements of 9 hours of Accounting, including an Intermediate Accounting class
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; detail-oriented
- Motivated and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Chicago's summer intern)
Location: Chicago, IL