Alleghany Highlands Community Services provides services and support to individuals in our community with behavioral health challenges and intellectual and developmental disabilities. The purpose of this position is to provide individualized case management advocacy services for clients in the Alleghany Highlands catchment area identified to need case management services due to serious mental illness.
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field (required)
- Minimum of one year experience in providing services to individuals with mental health or substance use issues. (preferred)
- Qualified Mental Health Professional (preferred)
- Valid Driver's License (required)
- Develops and maintains a current assessment of client needs and provides direct, related and indirect case management interventions necessary to help the client, their families, caregivers, and other community resources meet these identified needs.
- Assists client in development of individualized service plans and coordinates services needed to reach these goals.
- Provides supportive counseling, mental health education, crisis intervention and rehabilitative services for clients, their families, care givers, and other community resources as needed
- Virginia Retirement System, Life Insurance, Health/Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays, PTO leave, and Educational Assistance