Sprint - Special Education Associate
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Working hand in hand, and reporting directly to the Sprint - Special Education Specialist, our Associates assist our Specialists in oversight and management of the entire special education process to ensure scholars are being assessed and receiving the services necessary to promote rapid student achievement. This role requires capacity to develop a holistic understanding of our school model to diagnose data trends, support in the creation of educational plans, and help scholars and families get special education services to ultimately drive change in educational practice.
The Sprint - Special Education Associate is part of the Sprint team, and works with the Sprint - Special Education Specialist who owns decision-making around scholars who need special education services and has responsibility for pushing those cases through the educational bureaucracy. Sprint Associates gather, assess and analyze scholar data and analytics at their school regularly to support in identifying the need for academic intervention, and/or specialized services from the CSE. They partner with their manager to help support and guide strategic decisions about changes that they need to make in order to radically improve student outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Gather, assess, and analyze scholar data and analytics regularly to support in identifying the need for academic intervention, and/or specialized services from the CSE;
- Partner with your manager to help support and guide strategic decisions about changes that are needed in order to radically improve student outcomes;
- Waste no time in supporting students in the classroom;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students’ success; and
- Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
We’d be excited to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree;
- You have 0- 2 years of experience;
- You have an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- You exude integrity, self-awareness, grit and perseverance;
- You take and implement feedback quickly while possessing a sense of humor:
- You are hard-working, fast-learning, and exceptional;
- You have a deep-seeded belief children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the ed reform movement;
- You welcome the disruption of the status quo; and
- You are interested in working in a collaborative environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.