Swine Production Summer Internship
Position Overview: CVFF’s Sow Production team is excited to offer a summer internship program for the summer of 2020. This position will work closely with our team and learn about our hog production practices. The internship will take place in Indiana. The individual will work with CVFF to complete tasks such as but not limited to the following:
- Training and certification of basic processes and procedures at a commercial sow farm.
- Work with our farm team to complete daily tasks and implement learned skills.
- Complete certification in basic skills in both our breeding and farrowing departments.
- Participate in leadership activities both on & off farm
- Gain a perspective of entire business from farm to fork through tours, meetings and trainings throughout the summer.
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- This is a full time, paid, 10-12 week position (35-40 hours per week) for summer of 2020.
- Work will be completed primarily on farm, with additional hands on experiences at our CVFF office and in the field.
- Intern will work on various projects both with and without supervision following training.
- Intern will be responsible for completing an assigned project(s) and presenting this to senior leadership at the conclusion of the summer.
- Start date will be Mid-May to Early June.
Qualities of Ideal Candidate:
- Interest in pursuing a career or gaining experience in a real-world swine production position
- Junior/Senior. Sophomores may be considered.
- Good communicator