2020 Summer Intern: Quality Engineering
Flight begins with you at Spirit AeroSystems, a place where you can explore your interests and grow your career by working on impactful projects.
As a Quality Engineering Intern, you can expect to:
· Develop processes, systems, and equipment that ensure quality, reliability and safety.
· Analyze requirements for the development or modification of methods, procedures and metrics to ensure quality standards and practices.
· Provide material review dispositions for nonconforming materials, parts and equipment.
· Perform scientific evaluations, analyses and processes audits.
· Test and approves products, processes, equipment, and measurement systems.
· Participate in design and product reviews to ensure that producibility, inspectability, reliability, safety, Quality system integrity and business process
management objectives are met.
· Research industry standards, analyze and compile performance reports and process control statistics to improve process capability or product quality.
· Perform root cause analyses and recommend corrective actions necessary to reduce nonconformance to design specifications.
· Interface with company employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
· Use statistical methodologies to ensure that specified levels of safety, reliability, and process capability are achieved, maintained, or improved.
· Gain real-world practical and leadership skills through challenging hands-on opportunities.
· Connect with subject matter experts, mentors and decision makers.
· Be a part of an intern cohort that enjoys organized social, recreational and volunteer activities.
· You must be enrolled full time in a university degree program aligned to the area of internship - Engineering Degree Program
· You must be a current sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).